18 January 2009

Another year passes

So last Thursday was my birthday. It passed relatively uneventfully, on Saturday my friend Se-yeong and I went out for dinner and a movie. The restaurant she picked actually had decent spaghetti and meatballs, which is what got stuck in my head when she said "pasta restaurant".

I met Se-yeong in a bar during my first few months in Korea, Keith and I were out wandering and I pretty much just ended up drinking with her and her friend for a while. It turned out that we have the same birthday, so I gave her my number, she sent me a silly text message and we have been getting together a couple of times a month to hang out ever since. Usually we go out for dinner and a movie or go shopping.

She's 25-ish and still trying to figure out what she's doing with her life (kind of like I do every few years). Of all the people I've met in Korea, only a handful really stand out for me. She's a good friend and if I hadn't met her I can definitely say that my life would be a little less rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment

e-mail notification

Google Groups Beta
Subscribe to Wandering Monk
Email:
Visit this group