15 June 2012

Cutworms

We've been having trouble with cutworms.  Seyoung had been finding a dead seedling or two every morning, the stems chewed through.  I bought cutworm bait and that seems to have done the trick.  As an extra measure I've made some metal collar to place around the plant stems to keep the worms away.  I chopped up a few pop cans to make some thin aluminum strips.



I should have tried it earlier, the bait seems to have done its work and Seyoung has even found dead cutworms next to the bait stations.  One tablespoon per box in a small pile with a rock laid on top.  I'd looked up a few recipes for making your own bait, but it was easier to just buy a box of this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

e-mail notification

Google Groups Beta
Subscribe to Wandering Monk
Email:
Visit this group